Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ   HOME

Board index » THE COSIMO CODE » Non-Coded 45s

Post subject: Session Sheet File Code
 Post Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:49 pm 

I'm just now getting around to looking at the new "Artifacts" section....and am struck by something which I hope hasn't already been discussed elsewhere.

Note the session sheet file numbers. They are exactly the same kind of number sequence you'll find on a lot of Senator Jones related releases [and presumably others]. Exactly the same.

For example, the code on Lighthouse 101 is 133-1-7-71-1. Obviously not Cosimo Code, but I'll be damned if that's not a Cos session file number.

As previously surmised, the first number is Cos client code, the next three show the date...and [aha!] the last denotes the tape reel.

Anyway, if that's correct, doesn't that mean that we finally have proof that this particular type of "non code" release represents yet another Cos related number series?....one which is perhaps less mysterious than normal Cosimo code, but still very useful in tracking related 45s?

Attachments:
screenshot_02.jpg
screenshot_02.jpg [ 93.56 KiB | Viewed 6057 times ]

Post Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:04 pm 
Site Admin

Ana -

Very cool discovery, and I'd say you're definitely right... maybe the Senator just took the tapes, and didn't have Cos master (or press) the record there.

On a related note, we spoke a while back about Sax Kari's 'Channel One' label, which seems to have used a similar numbering system:

The usual Client Number, followed by what may be a date - without the hyphens: 219-2170-A/-B

In either case, I'd say the records were definitely Cos recordings, oddball codes or not!

Thanks!

Post Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:06 pm 

At some point, when I finally get the time, I'm going to sit down and go through my entire collection [only made it about half way before]. Obviously I'll be looking for standard code 45s, but while I'm at it, I'm also going to gather together all "odd code" singles I find.

Should I just gather this info as a personal list for the time being, or is there an efficient way to start a list on-site? Y'know, something along the lines of "Odd Code, Session Code, and FTW?"

It's sometimes very helpful to see what others are finding.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:20 pm 
Site Admin

Ana -

Let's start with the 'personal list' thing for now, then down the line I could certainly add a new sub-forum for those 'oddball' codes - and move some of the already non-included ones there (like the Channel One, Eric, and Greenville area sides we've discussed). Once we accumulate enough stuff, we could do a separate page on the main site... sound good?

Happy jube!

-red

Board index » THE COSIMO CODE » Non-Coded 45s