Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ   HOME

Board index » THE COSIMO CODE » Info, Scans, Audio and Video

Post subject: Batch O' Nova
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:36 pm 
Site Admin

Jukebox george writes in with this quandary:

Quote:
Here's a note from one of my record collecting friends:

"I recently picked up an oddball White Cliffs release with a label for 238, The Patriots “Batch O’Nova” on both sides. The Cosimo Code listed on the label is 205-1816.
However, the deadwax of one side is “129-680-1” and the dead wax of the other side is “205-1815”.
“129-680-1” looks like it is the Cosimo Code for The Exiles “Batch O’Nova” on Exit, while the “205-1815” should be The Patriots “Eagle Feathers” (White Cliffs 238 B-side).

It looks to me like the White Cliffs “Batch O’Nova” probably just re-used the stamper from the Exit release. I don’t know what qualifies for an actual Cosimo Code - whether it has to be on the label or in the deadwax - would be interesting to compare against whoever submitted the information to 45cat / Cosimo Code for White Cliffs 238.'"

His copy is an oddball: although the music on his 45 has two different tracks, somehow the pressing plant put the Batch O'Nova label on both sides. So he has two questions:
1. Is the music by The Exiles on Exit the same Batch O'Nova music as The Patriots on White Cliffs?
2. For someone with The Patriots 45 that has two different labels, does their deadwax for Batch O'Nova have 129-680-1 or 205-1816

Unfortunately my friend was unable to find audio for Batch O'Nova by The Exiles on Exit to compare with The Patriots. Both labels show the exact same time 2:21:
https://www.45cat.com/record/nc858373us
https://www.45cat.com/record/nc273536us

If one of the Cosimo Code Contributors has a way to compare the music, let me know what you find and I'll pass it along to my friend. It would be interesting to discover that Cosimo issued a second Code for the same music to indicate the different customer. (My friend would compare it if someone posts Batch O'Nova by The Exiles on Exit on youtube or elsewhere.)

There ya go... anybody?

Thanks, George!

Post subject: Re: Batch O' Nova
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:49 pm 

Hmmm...
Possible that Peterh owns both records.

I assume they're the same recording.

Board index » THE COSIMO CODE » Info, Scans, Audio and Video