Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ   HOME

Board index » THE COSIMO CODE » Info, Scans, Audio and Video

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:05 pm 

Thanks again for this amazing site! It has opened my eyes to several errors I made back when the NevilleTracks site was still running. It has also created a mystery in my mind that likely has no real answer (with regard to the two different singles of Aaron Neville's “For Every Boy There's A Girl” bw I've Done It Again.”) I'm trying to figure out why the second version features overdubs that have not been heard on any release before or since. Strange. (Outside the fact that I think they sound awful.)

I recently had some of my old vinyl transferred to digital and have, in turn uploaded some videos to YouTube. Some of them might be useful here...

187-798 Cinderella 1201 (No Artist Listed) Lover Of Love Part 2
There is a decent video of this song available on YouTube.
http://youtu.be/Ri3IRPWTlyk

189-1238 Cinderella 1401 Art Neville My Dear, Dearest Darling
I created and uploaded a video to: http://youtu.be/BELab1CrkRY

189-1257 Cinderella 1401 Art Neville Little Liza Jane
If you click on the small 45 label to the left of this listing, it brings up the wrong 45 cat page.
Additionally, I created and uploaded a video to: http://youtu.be/MpvZmALVA6M

165-2018 Instant 3282 Aaron Neville I've Done It Again
Currently, the audio/video “play” button is linked to a YouTube video which contains the incorrect song. This is the fault of the video's uploader, who has mis-identified the recording. (It's actually an Art Neville recording.)

I have uploaded a video that I created from my own copy of the single. (It features flute and other overdubs not found on the original Airecords 45 from 1963.) (I have never found this version on YouTube.) I haven't had the patience needed to really sit down and A/B the Airecords and Instant versions to determine if they are from the same basic take.
http://youtu.be/TYDJlBEqdjc

165-2019 Instant 3282 Aaron Neville For Every Boy There's A Girl

Currently, the audio/video “play” button is linked to a video, which features the incorrect version of the song. The story is the same as on “I've Done It Again”... The Instant version has flute and other overdubs that were not on the Airecords version (and, again, I have not yet done a strict A/B comparison of the two versions.)

Here is a video made from my own needle drop of the Instant single.
http://youtu.be/8r8MoWe8OQk

Thanks again for a great website and project!!!

Jon Tyler

Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:51 pm 
Site Admin

Wow, Jon, Thanks!!

I've added/fixed the links, and I truly appreciate your input... I have a backlog of audio that is slated for our own YouTube channel, but something else always seems to get in the way.

It'll happen one of these days... but for now, thanks for these great additions to the overall Code experience! You know how much I dug NevilleTracks!

-red

Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:55 pm 

Thanks, Red.

I miss the NevilleTracks site. It was a project that I enjoyed and was very proud of. I do have a NevilleTracks facebook page but its not the same thing at all. AND a blog, but that hasn't worked out very well for me. I'm not as prolific a writer as some others I know. ;)

Here's another video I uploaded since I wrote my initial message...

11-1744 Instant 3276 Art Neville Buy Me A Rainbow
http://youtu.be/unY951jjZ6k

PS In case you haven't heard, the funky METERS (with new drummer, Terrence Houston) will be playing in Albany in April 2015.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:43 pm 
Site Admin

OK, Jon - got this one linked as well... never heard it before, cool!

Attachment:
wolfart.jpg
wolfart.jpg [ 121.78 KiB | Viewed 7937 times ]

Saw the Funky Meters with The Wolf at Crawfish Fest this year... Great!

Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:49 pm 

Hello Jon,
Do you perhaps know if Instant 3281 by Art Neville exists? E.g. Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Neville) lists this one as "House on The Hill (Rock 'n' Roll Hootenanny)" / "Darling, Don't Leave Me This Way", but I've never seen it.
If it exists it's probably a missing 45 in the codes list.
Peter

Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:02 pm 

Hey, Peter!

I do NOT have that 45. (Generally, I only buy the vinyl if it's not available on CD.) I will check with a few friends who are also Neville collectors to see if any of them actually has a copy (or can at least confirm that my sources of information weren't wrong altogether.) Admittedly, I got a lot of info over the years from CD liner notes. Considering the questionable legality of some of those releases, I think it's safe to assume that some of their liner note info might be a bit shaky as well.

I found an article at Home of the Groove in which Dan mentions that single. I'll check with him and see if he has actually seen it (or if he had relied on MY website for that information.)

I have to admit... if the Wikipedia info is wrong, that's my fault because I'm the one who uploaded the discographical info there! As I said, this site has DEFINITELY opened my eyes to a fair amount of information, which I erroneously accepted as "fact."

Regards,

Jon

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:39 pm 

According to the discography from Charly's 1988 Art Neville LP "Rock 'N' Soul Hootenanny," the two tracks slated for Instant 3281 were mastered on November 10, 1966. So they should have Code numbers. I'm guessing 1988 and 1989 because those two immediately follow Instant 3280 (code numbers 1990 and 1991 are still unidentified). Instant 3281, meanwhile, has been posted to 45cat as unreleased unless someone proves otherwise.

Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:14 pm 

According to the discography on Charly's 1988 Art Neville compilation Rock 'N Soul Hootenanny," the tracks slated for Instant 3281 were mastered on September 7, 1966. Which means they should have Code numbers. I'm guessing 1988 and 1999 for this record because those two numbers immediately follow Instant 3280. Instant 3281 is now posted on 45cat.com as unreleased, since there's no evidence of its existence.

Board index » THE COSIMO CODE » Info, Scans, Audio and Video