Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ   HOME

Board index » THE COSIMO CODE » New Additions

Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:31 pm 

Just added 2 new records for the list to 45cat, Bonatemp 804 and San 1516 (the last one a different coupling than the more common San 1516 version), see here:

Bonatemp 804: http://www.45cat.com/record/b804
San 1516: http://www.45cat.com/record/sa1516us

Post Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:14 pm 
Site Admin

OK -

This took a little bit of doing, but:

BONATEMP B804 is now up on 1965 (making it the earliest known release on that label, I think), linked to 45cat, 1455/1456 removed from among The Missing.

SAN 1516 is now up on 1966, linked to 45cat, 1898 and 1920 removed from among The Missing, San added to Client Number 205 and added to the list of Dover Distributed Labels.

One Interesting note, one of the producers here is Steve Tyrel (sic). Tyrell is one of the Houston boys that Huey P. Meaux picked up when he discovered B.J. Thomas. Meaux , of course, got in trouble at the NARAS convention in Nashville in the Spring of 1966, for supposedly bringing along an underaged girl. According to Huey, it was Tyrell who left with the girl, and was discovered with her in a hotel room by the Feds... in his words:

Quote:
"...all he can get credit for is running off with that teeny bopper girl, and then turned with the FBI and sent 3 of us to prison. He would not be alive today if I had not begged the boys from NYC to spare his life... Steve is a loser."

It was Tyrell's testimony that sent Meaux to prison, at which point he attempted to step into Huey's shoes... the fact that he was producing records at Cosimo's by November of that year, shows he wasted no time. Cosimo, of course, had fallen out with Cos in 1964 over Pitassy 204 (204-1092), and so I'm sure Tyrell's presence on Gov. Nicholls was calculated to further drive him up the wall...

Perhaps this isn't the best place to air all of this, but I considered Huey a friend, and when he told me "That Steve Tryell is a mothertfucker, brother!" I listened.

Thanks!

-red kelly

Board index » THE COSIMO CODE » New Additions