Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ   HOME

Board index » THE COSIMO CODE » General Discussion

Post subject: In the studio
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:03 am 

I have fond memories of the sessions at Cosimo's. In those days a session was done with all the players present. If someone messed up, the tape was stopped and started from the top. "Let Me Give You My Love", I believe took 16 takes. I rehearsed with Allen Tousiant at his house. He conducted the sessions for both my recordings. They did use a tympani on "This Is The End". Allen played on all four sides. "I Love You" was done to capture the feel of "I Don't Know Why I Love You, But I Do" by Clarence "Frogman" Henry. Sorry to say it didn't do as well as Frog's hit. LOL. I have more to tell if anyone is interested. At the age of 70, two years ago, I cut a gospel CD which is online at all the music sites. The title is "Walking With Jesus....Everyday" still under Errol Dee.

Post subject: Re: In the studio
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:10 pm 
Site Admin

Errol -

Great to hear you're still recording at 70+ years of age, good for you! Of course we are interested in anything more you care to tell us!

After I read what you said about the tympani, I realized we didn't have audio for 'This Is The End' available, and it wasn't on YouTube as yet - SO, we have now created our own YouTube channel, and 'This Is The End' is our first upload!

You can check it out at:

http://youtu.be/J1-5HBAhyeY

or through the link on the 1960 page.

I also realized, dear Detectives, that the other single Errol refers to, Instant 3240, is nowhere to be found - not on the site - no scans yet on 45cat, nuthin'... anybody have a copy?

Thanks again, Errol!

Post Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:33 pm 

red kelly wrote:
I also realized, dear Detectives, that the other single Errol refers to, Instant 3240, is nowhere to be found - not on the site - no scans yet on 45cat, nuthin'... anybody have a copy?

Red, It's at 45cat now:
http://www.45cat.com/record/3240us

Post Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:47 pm 
Site Admin

OK - got it linked.

Thanks!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:10 am 

red kelly wrote:
Errol -

Great to hear you're still recording at 70+ years of age, good for you! Of course we are interested in anything more you care to tell us!

After I read what you said about the tympani, I realized we didn't have audio for 'This Is The End' available, and it wasn't on YouTube as yet - SO, we have now created our own YouTube channel, and 'This Is The End' is our first upload!

You can check it out at:

http://youtu.be/J1-5HBAhyeY

or through the link on the 1960 page.

Thanks again, Errol!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:18 am 

Thanks Red Kelly for putting "This Is The End" on you tube. I have the Instant recording of "I Love You" and the flip side is "Love or Money" Not sure I know hoe to up load it.

Errol

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:24 am 
Site Admin

Errol - not to worry, I'm sure one of the Team can get the audio to me, and I'll post it up there.

I'd love to hear it myself!

thanks!

-red

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:02 pm 
Site Admin

Just as I expected, Peter H provided us with mp3s of both sides of Instant 3240, which are now up on YouTube:

I LOVE YOU

http://youtu.be/HC0HxQhRS4g

LOVE OR MONEY

http://youtu.be/GcTeqVl7QTo

- both also linked from the 1961 page. Although his 45 wasn't in the greatest of condition, the sound is just fine... thank you, Peter!

Errol, I see what you mean with the 'But I Do' influence... interesting to hear Toussaint do that Fats style 'triplet' thing, which is something he didn't ordinarily do, I think.

Thanks!

Board index » THE COSIMO CODE » General Discussion